Are you fed up paying for Amazon Prime Video but not using it much? Have you found a streaming service that better suits your needs; and would like to save some money? Whatever your reason, canceling your Amazon Prime Video subscription is easy and takes just a few clicks. We’ll walk you through the procedure to cancel Amazon Prime Video subscription, share some of the most commonly asked inquiries and present you with a few pointers to consider before calling it quits – all here in this blog.
There are numerous advantages to becoming an Amazon Prime member. You receive fast, free delivery in addition to added benefits like access to Amazon Music and Prime Video streaming services. However, some users may want to cancel Amazon Prime. But, members of Prime cannot cancel Prime Video without canceling Amazon Prime. In this guide, we’ll share how to cancel your Amazon Prime Video subscription even if you are on a student pack.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Video?
There are multiple ways to cancel Amazon Prime Video. However, the steps outlined below are the easiest ones, and you can be sure that you’ll be able to cancel Amazon Prime easily. So, follow these steps:
1. On the Web
Here’s how you can cancel Amazon Prime Video membership:
- Open your browser and go to the Amazon website. Click on the sign-in button located in the top-right corner after hovering over the Account and Lists option.
- Enter your login details and sign in.
- Hover over Account and Lists again, then click Membership and Subscriptions.
- From there, click on the Prime Membership Setting button located in your list of subscribed services.
- Next, select Manage Membership at the top of your screen.
- Finally, choose End Membership.
Note: Amazon will ask you for your confirmation before canceling your Prime Video membership. Once you confirm it, it will be canceled immediately and won’t renew again.
2. Using a Smartphone App
Here’s how to cancel Amazon Prime Video subscription plan using your smartphone:
- Launch the Amazon app on your phone.
- Access Account settings by tapping on the profile icon.
- Choose to Manage Prime Membership from the options presented.
- From the list of subscriptions shown, select the Prime membership setting button.
- Open a drop-down by tapping the Manage membership option and select Membership.
- Finally, click on the End Membership button.
If prompted, confirm your decision, and Amazon will cancel your Prime Video Subscription immediately. To know how many days are left to enjoy the service, check for the last date of your current plan in the drop-down menu provided.
What Happens When You Cancel Prime Video Subscription?
Before you cancel Amazon Prime Video, here are some things that you must keep in mind.
- If you have a bundled package of Prime Services, canceling one subscription will also affect the others. This means that you won’t be able to use any Prime service until you resume your plan. However, your Prime Subscription benefits will remain valid until the last date of your current subscription plan.
- For those without recurring payments enabled, there is no need to cancel, as the service purchased with a one-time payment automatically ends when your current plan expires.
- It’s also important to note that in some countries like Canada, canceling Prime Video membership via the methods described above is not an option. In such cases, it’s best to contact Amazon’s customer care service for further assistance.
FAQs | How to Cancel Amazon Prime Video
1. Will I still have access to Amazon Prime Video content if I cancel my subscription?
No, you will no longer have access to Amazon Prime Video content once you cancel your subscription. However, you can still access other benefits of Amazon Prime, such as free two-day shipping, Prime Music, and Prime Reading.
2. How much notice do I need to give before canceling my Amazon Prime Video subscription?
You can cancel your Amazon Prime Video subscription at any time without notice. Once you cancel, you will continue to have access to Prime Video content until the end of your current billing period.
3. Will I receive a refund if I cancel my Amazon Prime Video subscription before the end of my billing period?
No, Amazon does not offer refunds for canceling Prime Video subscriptions early. However, you will still have access to Prime Video content until the end of your current billing period.
4. Will I be charged a fee for canceling my Amazon Prime Video subscription?
No, there are no cancellation fees associated with canceling an Amazon Prime Video subscription. You can cancel at any time without penalty.
5. Can I restart my Amazon Prime Video subscription after canceling it?
Yes, you can restart your Amazon Prime Video subscription at any time. Simply go to the Prime Video website or mobile app, log in to your account, and sign up for the subscription again.
Now that you know how to cancel your Amazon Prime Video subscription, you can free up some extra cash or explore other streaming platforms without feeling like you’re wasting money. Remember that canceling your subscription doesn’t affect your Amazon Prime membership, so you can still enjoy all the other benefits that come with your membership.
And if you’re still on the fence about canceling, keep in mind that you can always renew your subscription at any time in the future. We hope this guide has helped show you how to cancel your Amazon Prime Video subscription and has answered any questions you may have had. Thanks for reading, and happy streaming!
Found it insightful? Here are some more streaming-related content: