Crave and Netflix are two popular streaming platforms that offer a variety of movies, TV shows, and other content for subscribers to enjoy. With so many options available on each platform, it can be difficult to decide which one is right for you. In Crave vs Netflix comparison, we will take a closer look at the features and benefits of both Crave and Netflix to help you make an informed decision.
We will explore factors such as pricing, available content, user interface, and streaming quality to help you assess the strengths and weaknesses of each platform. Whether you’re a fan of blockbuster movies or binge-worthy TV shows, this comparison will provide valuable insights into the world of streaming entertainment.
Crave vs Netflix: A Detailed Comparison
While both Crave and Netflix are excellent streaming devices, and you won’t be disappointed with either, finding the winner is important. So, in this section, we’ll compare Crave vs Netflix in detail:
Netflix members have a choice between 4 plans: basic with ads, basic standard, and premium. In addition to SD streaming, one screen at a time viewing, one device for downloading, and access to the entire Netflix catalog, the entry-level Netflix subscription costs $6.99 per month. The basic version, which costs $9.99 per month, offers HD streaming, two simultaneous screens, two download-capable devices, and access to the complete Netflix collection.
The most expensive plan is premium, which costs $19.99 a month and includes access to all of Netflix’s content, four simultaneous screens, four devices that can download video, and HD and Ultra HD streaming. However, it’s important to note that Netflix does not offer a yearly package.
Subscribers to Crave have the choice between Crave Mobile and Crave Total. Crave Mobile is for people who like watching material alone on mobile phones. In contrast, Crave Total is for individuals who enjoy watching on numerous devices with others or in various locations. For a single device to stream SD material without downloading anything, Crave Mobile charges $9.99 per month.
However, to function, Crave Mobile has to be connected to the internet. Crave Total costs $19.99 a month, prioritizes HD streaming, and supports up to five concurrent downloads and four concurrent playback devices. With both Crave packages, you can receive two free months if you choose a yearly payment plan.
2. Consumer Reach
Netflix has both English-language and foreign-language shows. Both the audio and the subtitles are available in a variety of languages. You can also watch a Spanish show with Italian audio and Chinese subtitles if you’d like. You can also watch a show without subtitles in the original language. However, since Netflix analyzes your IP address with your VPN to discover where you are, some shows that are available in your country might not be available if you visit other countries.
The subtitles on Crave, which only airs shows in English and French, are often inaccurate. Plus, Crave is not the most user-friendly option for those who have hearing issues. By using your IP address and VPN, Crave tracks your location much like Netflix does. But, you can avoid this by using a VPN service.
You can download any Netflix content to watch at a later time. If you are online while in the airport and want to watch a movie while flying, you can download it. Users of Netflix’s free, basic, and premium plans can download up to 100 items on a registered device.
Downloads are not permitted on Crave Mobile, but they are on Crave Total. Downloads can be done on five devices when using a Crave Total membership.
4. Pros and Cons
Here’s a detailed pros and cons comparison between Crave vs Netflix:
Here are the pros and cons of Netflix:
- Zero ads: If you find yourself annoyed by ads interrupting your favorite TV shows or movies, Netflix is the perfect solution. With any Netflix subscription, you can enjoy uninterrupted streaming without any commercials. You won’t have to worry about random ads for cars or food subscriptions disrupting your viewing experience, as every program runs through to the end without any interruptions.
- User-friendly: Netflix’s popularity can be attributed to its user-friendly format. Upon logging in and selecting a profile, users are directed to a personalized content library based on their viewing history. The platform offers a vast selection of movies and TV shows, with subtitles available in multiple languages and audio options in other languages. This feature is particularly helpful for viewers who enjoy foreign films or shows, hard-of-hearing individuals, and language learners. With its extensive content library and accessibility options, it’s no wonder why Netflix is a top choice for streaming entertainment.
- Low-cost: Netflix increased the cost of the basic option over time, from $7.99 to $9.99. During eight years, the premium option’s price climbed by $8, while the regular option’s price ranged from $8.99 to $15.49. Despite these price increases, the service remained the most cost-effective choice. Out of all the streaming services, it is the least expensive, provides the most content in both English and other languages, and permits downloads for all customers. You’re guaranteed to get the maximum value from Netflix.
- Unstable content: The reputation of Netflix is that it has compiled countless hours of content. But, there is a minor possibility that a show you enjoy one day will be discontinued at some point. Netflix filters its content monthly, excluding Netflix originals. The service replaces several titles each month with other popular (or not-so-popular) content to comply with license requirements and relevant or popular content. Throughout the previous few years, Netflix has taken down several well-known shows and movies, including Friends, Glee, Hairspray, and Top Gun.
- Different content in different regions: Netflix is renowned for its vast library, but the selection differs per nation. For instance, if you travel to Canada, you might have to pick a new movie to view, even though your favorite movie may be streamable in the US.
Here are the pros and cons of Crave:
- Great range of content: The premium Original Premium, HBO and Showtime originals, blockbuster movies, and kid-friendly shows are all included in Crave’s content library. Users have complete access to the whole repertoire with both subscription tiers (Crave Mobile and Crave Total). All Crave users can access Crave’s content, regardless of whether they watch alone or share subscriptions with their friends and family.
- Free trial: A free trial of seven days is offered for each Crave plan. And, to acquire a sense of the platform, users are free to binge-watch as many series and movies as they choose. Plus, you can cancel without incurring any fees during the first week because you won’t be charged until the free trial is up. Also, enrolling in an annual plan entitles you to two free months of service.
- Better French and Canadian content: As Crave is a streaming platform exclusively available to Canadian viewers, its collection of French-language movies and TV shows is quite good.
- Only available in Canada: Crave is only accessible in Canada. Therefore, if you frequently go outside of the nation and would like to watch a Crave show, you are out of luck. Similar to Netflix, you can use a VPN to get around this problem.
- Needs a strong internet connection: Crave Mobile streams in SD, which uses less bandwidth but produces lower-quality pictures. This works because Crave Mobile runs on a phone, which doesn’t require HD quality for a clear image on a smaller screen. Also, in situations where the internet is slow, the mobile version performs better. Given that it uses HD streaming and can handle numerous streams concurrently, Crave Total requires a strong internet connection to function smoothly. You will encounter a lot of buffering and reconnection if your internet connection is unstable. There are numerous streaming problems with both choices.
- Lack of more international languages: There are several English and French options on Crave, but that’s it for languages. This platform does not offer shows in other languages, and users have complained about the ambiguous subtitles. They are sometimes accessible and other times not. This service might be your choice if you solely watch English-language shows and don’t care for subtitles, but if you enjoy watching shows in other languages and need subtitles, you might want to consider alternative possibilities.
Both Crave and Netflix offer unique features and benefits for streaming enthusiasts. Crave provides a great selection of French-language content for Canadian viewers, while Netflix offers a user-friendly interface with extensive accessibility options for its global audience. Pricing and available content vary between the two platforms, with Crave offering a more affordable option for Canadian viewers, and Netflix providing a wider selection of original content.
Ultimately, the decision between Crave vs Netflix will depend on individual preferences and needs. However, with their vast libraries of movies and TV shows, both platforms are sure to provide endless hours of entertainment for their subscribers.
Found it insightful? Here is some more streaming-related content: